2017 Meeting and other Important Dates
- 4 Mar 17 Youth Hunt Sonoita contact Nick Besenick for information or to volunteer
- 16 Mar 17 6:30-9 PM Chapter Meeting Steak Out Sonoita Subject – Future Direction of Chapter
- 25/26 Mar17 AZGFD Outdoor Expo Phoenix
- Summer Highway Cleanup TBD
- Aug/Sep 17 Youth Event TBD
- Sep 17 TBD Dove Season Opens
- Sep 17 TBD AZGFD Scaled Quail Flush Count Survey
- 6 Oct 17 Gambels and Scaled Quail Seasons Open
- Nov Highway Cleanup TBD
- 16 Nov 17 6:30-9 PM Chapter Meeting Steak Out Sonoita Subject – Dog and Survival Electronics
- 8 Dec 17 Mearns’ Quail Season Opens
- 14 Dec 17 6:30-9 PM Chapter Meeting Steak Out Sonoita Subject TBD
- 18 Jan 18 6:30-9 PM Chapter Meeting Steak Out Sonoita Subject TBD
- Feb Highway Cleanup TBD
- 3 Feb 18 Annual Banquet
- 11 Feb 18 Quail Seasons Close
- 15 Feb 18 6:30-9 PM Chapter Meeting Steak Out Sonoita Subject TBD
- 3 Mar 18 Youth Hunt
- 15 Mar 18 6:30-9 PM Chapter Meeting Steak Out Sonoita Subject TBD
Southern Arizona Scenery
Draft SAQF 2016/2017 Membership Meeting Plan
Please provide input on meeting plan to Zack May at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meeting objectives. Conduct chapter business in an inclusive transparent manner. Share information through respectful communication and quality speakers. Build a positive social foundation for the chapter. Speaker plan for year will be shown on website by September meeting.
- When. Third Thursday of each month at 7:00-8:30PM. Monthly from September through Mar and bi-monthly May-Sep.
- Where. TBD. Steak Out in Sonoita is great for social aspects but a challenge for formal presentations due to noise level. Potential options include Vail Steakhouse off I10 and Highway 83, Stage Stop Inn in Patagonia or something in Nogales or Green Valley. I am looking for recommendations on other venues to consider and the impact of moving out of Sonoita from the participation perspective. We could also move the meeting to different venues through the year if the group prefers. I believe we want a place that serves food and drink, other wise we will have to pay rent.
4. Typical meeting flow. Call to order, pledge of allegiance, introduction of guests and new attendees, review minutes and action items from last meeting, announcements, treasurer report, committee reports, call for new business, speaker and adjournment. Social time is available before and after the formal meeting. Meeting minutes will be added to the website within 10 days.